Please ensure that the vehicles are returned to one of the three designated spots behind MacMillan. The LFS Departmental vehicles (Dodge Caravan, Ford Ranger and Prius) must be parked in stalls R273, R274 and R275 between the Macmillan and the Frank Forward Buildings (the spaces adjacent to the loading dock in the rear of Macmillan).
All other spots are assigned to different users and vehicles will be towed if in the incorrect spot. DO NOT park in the spaces reserved EOS vehicles, medical spots (M), or stall R276. Note: Stall R276 is marked as LFS but is a reserved spot and departmental vehicles may NOT be parked here.
Note: The Chevy Colorado Pickup is parked at Totem Field and must be returned to the same location. A gate key is provided with the vehicle keys at time of pickup.
- All Vehicles owned by the Faculty of Land and Food Systems (LFS) must be booked through the on-line booking service. Users must agree to the Terms and Conditions. Bookings are on a first come, first served basis.
- Bookings must be made in advance. Internal LFS faculty & staff are allowed block bookings for a maximum of 2 weeks. External users (any non-LFS faculty or staff) are allowed block bookings up to a maximum of 5 days in total.
- There must be a valid speedchart provided in order to book a vehicle. For external users and LFS students, a supervisor’s name is required to authorize use of the speedchart. If NO speedchart is provided, NO vehicle will be rented.
- Priority for vehicle use will be given to LFS faculty & staff. Accordingly, for bookings made on the same day, priority will be given to internal users over external users. Internal users are allowed to “bump” external bookings, given that a prior notice of 2 business days is provided with emergency reasons. Please notify Lewis Fausak (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will evaluate the appropriateness of your reason. If Lesley is unavailable, please notify Andy Jeffries (email@example.com).
- Any person using a vehicle must have a valid Canadian or International driver’s license.
- Vehicle keys can be picked up from the finance department (MCML 254) between the hours of 8:30am and 4:00pm. Please note that there is a 24 hour (working days only) turnaround time for request confirmation. Please do not take a vehicle without confirmation, as there may be a request ahead of yours that simply has not yet shown up on the booking page.
- Upon return of the vehicle, users must complete the Vehicle Use Form (provided in the key chain pocket). Keys, completed Vehicle Use Forms and original gas receipts must be returned to the LFS staff member responsible for vehicle bookings. If after hours, please return the key to the drop box outside of Room 254.
- The Toyota Prius and Dodge Caravan are intended for use on paved roads only. They are not to be used on unpaved roads or off-road. The Ford Ranger can be used for travel on unpaved roads and is suitable for sampling. The Chevy Colorado is generally used for short travel.
- Before leaving, complete a walk-around of the vehicle to note any damage or issues. Photograph any issues prior to departing with the vehicle. Report these to the technician responsible (firstname.lastname@example.org). Failure to submit information can result in charges for repairs or cleaning billed to your account.
- Before returning the vehicle, ensure that it is clean and in suitable condition for the next booking. The cost of a carwash will be reimbursed. Please provide your carwash receipt when returning the keys after use.
- Return the vehicle to the correct parking spot. For the Dodge Caravan, Ford Ranger and Prius this is stalls R273, R274 and R275 between MacMillan Building and the Frank Forward Building and for the Chevy Colorado it is behind the gate at Totem Field. Users who park in the incorrect parking stalls will be asked to move them immediately, and will be responsible for any costs incurred from ticketing or towing. A financial penalty may be applied to your speedchart for repeated infractions.
- A Vehicle Report form is also included in the keychain; complete the form to report damage to the vehicle or provide other comments (i.e. cleanliness of the interior). Please notify email@example.com by email that a form has been completed along with any photographs of vehicle damage. These forms will be picked up from finance by the technician responsible each week.
Fees and Charges:
- External bookings made by any non-LFS faculty of staff member will be charged a fee of $40 per day.
- Vehicle mileage will be charged at the current rate of $0.59 per kilometres driven, effective July 1, 2016.
- Pets and smoking are NOT permitted in any vehicle at any time. Any breach of this will result in a loss of privileges and a $100 fee imposed to your speedchart.
- Please ensure that vehicles are returned in a clean condition, inside and out. Failure to do so will result in a minimum of $50 charge to the user’s speedchart. It is the responsibility of the previous user to keep the car clean. Thus, it is imperative that if the current user receives a vehicle in less than clean condition, he/she must report this before the vehicle is taken from the parking lot. Failure to do so may result in a cleaning charge to the current user’s speedchart.
- Late Return Fees: If a vehicle is returned beyond the time booked, a late fee of $50.00 will be accessed to the users Speed Chart. Vehicles returned late pose difficulties for the next user. A grace period of 30 minutes will be afforded to all vehicles users. Exceptions to this policy will be applied if it is deemed that the user has encountered difficulties in returning the vehicle on time due to mechanical problems (i.e. flat tire) or problems beyond their control (i.e. traffic delays, construction delays). If a vehicle is retuned late a second time the late fee will be doubled, the fee will be tripled if a vehicle is returned late a third time. Beyond this period of “late returns” borrowing privileges will be suspended.
- Vehicles must be used for UBC business purposes only. If they are being used for purposes other than LFS related matters, and the driver has an accident, the driver will be held liable and his or her insurance premiums will increase. If the vehicle is being used for LFS purposes and the driver has an accident, the university will be held liable and its insurance premiums will increase. The $500 deductible will be charged to the unit responsible.
- Any accident must be reported immediately. The driver must complete the Vehicle Accident Report located in the glove compartment of each vehicle. An online version of this report is available at http://rms.ubc.ca/insurance/insurance-programs/automobile-insurance/. Follow the instructions in the accident report on how to report a claim to ICBC and when to notify additional services, such as RCMP. The driver must notify their supervisor of the incident as well as Lewis Fausak (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Andy Jeffries (email@example.com). If the vehicle has sustained damage that renders it undrivable, the vehicle is to be towed to the correct parking spot or alternate approved location.
- All traffic violations, including parking fines and speeding tickets, are the sole responsibility of the person requesting use of the vehicle.
- Vehicles will be checked by an LFS technician on a monthly basis for general drivability, including fluid levels, tire pressure, and a visual check for damage or leaks.
- If the vehicle has been booked for more than one day, the user is responsible for checking the above items.
- If the exterior of the vehicle becomes excessively dirty during use, it is the user’s responsibility to clean the vehicle prior to its return. Please see the “Acceptable Use” section of this policy.
- All defects must be reported using the Vehicle Report identified in list item 12 above and forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vehicles must be returned within a minimum of ½ tank of fuel. Vehicle users are encouraged to fill up the fuel tank. Reimbursements up to $50 will be processed upon submission of the original itemized receipt to LFS Finance Office MCM254.
- It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure the vehicle is locked and all lights are out when left unattended. Unless otherwise advised, vehicles must be parked in “O” lot directly behind the MacMillan building (Stalls R273, R274 and R275 ONLY).
- Users unable to return vehicle keys until the next business day are required to leave a message at one of the following numbers. Outstanding keys must be returned no later than 9:00AM the following day:
- Finance Office (Room 254) – Shiho Mehrhoff 604-822-2193
- Faculty Technician – Lewis Fausak 604-816-5641
In the Event of an Accident:
- Please fill out the UBC Vehicle Accident Report Form in the event of an accident.