Key Requisition Process
LFS faculty, staff, students and visitors who would like to request keys for the Point Grey campus must complete an online application form: https://secure.landfood.ubc.ca/keydesk/
Key requests from undergraduate students will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
After this application form has been submitted, applicants will automatically be sent an email of confirmation, and the applicants’ supervisor will be sent the form for review and confirmation.
Once the application is approved, a requisition will be made to the UBC Key Desk. Applicants will receive an email from the desk confirming receipt and later another email alerting them to pick up their keys at the Key Desk when they are ready.
- The key requisition is valid for 30 days starting from the date when the Key Desk has notified the applicant that the key(s) is available.
- A refundable deposit is required for each key to a maximum of $80.00 for all keys.
- UBC Key Desk may take anywhere from one day to a few weeks from the date they receive the key requisition to provide the requested key(s), depending on availability.
If applicants have any questions regarding their key application, or if they don’t receive an email from the UBC Key Desk after one week regarding pick-up, they can reply to this ticket.
Key Return Process
It is the responsibility of the *key holder to assure that all relevant keys are returned and accounted for by the UBC Key Desk upon the key holder’s:
- Change of assignment of areas and rooms (labs, offices, buildings, etc).
- Transfer to another faculty within UBC.
- Termination of employment.
* The key holder is the person to whom the keys were issued and registered in the UBC Key Desk system. This can include, but is not exclusive to, faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
Failure to return and to ensure keys are accounted for by the UBC Key Desk will result in LFS revoking and withholding access to key requests, any alarm codes, and keyless access.