It is the policy of the UBC Faculty of Land and Food Systems to support professional development of staff members within the Faculty.
Expenses must be related to professional development that enhances the knowledge, performance, or career progression of an employee’s work in the Faculty. Eligible expenses may include a wide variety of opportunities and related travel expenses. Applications will be reviewed by a Committee and evaluated on a case by case basis.
Employees will be eligible up to a maximum of $500 per fiscal year (April 1 – March 31). This funding limit will be pro-rated for part time employees. Employees cannot accrue funds from year to year, or borrow against future years. Every effort will be made to respond to each request as soon as possible.
Employees must exhaust all other sources of funding at UBC related to professional development before applying, as follows:
- M&P: AAPS Professional Development Fund http://www.hr.ubc.ca/learning-development/funding/mp/
- Non-union technicians: Professional Development Fund for Non-Union Technicians and Research Assistants http://www.hr.ubc.ca/learning-development/funding/tra/
- CUPE 116: http://www.hr.ubc.ca/odl/
- CUPE 2950 and Non-Union Secretarial/Clerical Employees: Job Skills Training Program (JSTP): http://www.hr.ubc.ca/learning-development/funding/cupe-2950/
- Tuition waivers for UBC courses are also available to employees: http://www.hr.ubc.ca/benefits/professional-development/
Employees must obtain approval from their supervisors before applying.