PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING:
The LFS Growth Chamber Training Guide must be completed and submitted prior to booking any growth chambers.
- LFS Growth Chambers are available for faculty, staff, and students in Land and Food Systems only, please direct all inquiries to cgowton[at]mail.ubc.ca.
- Review and submit LFS Growth Chamber Training Guide to the Training Record Management Site before submitting a booking request.
- Book at least 24 hours in advance (working days only) to allow for confirmation of availability. Do not use a growth chamber without confirmation, as there may be a request that has not shown up on the booking page.
- Access to the Growth Chamber room can be obtained through Access Requests.
- Additional maintenance templates can be found HERE.
- All users are required to clean the growth chambers as outlined in the LFS Growth Chamber Training Guide.
- Failure to comply with the cleaning policy will result in a cleaning/maintenance fee of $250.
- All users are required to keep the growth chamber room clean and tidy and allow room for other users to work.
MCML 26 is equipped with a small incubation chamber, bench space, tap water supply, and four TPC-15 Biochamber Growth Chamber units with:
- 1.5m² (16ft²) of plant growth area
- 1485mm (58½”) of growth height
- 1500µmol m-² s-1 PPFD of lighting
- Ideal for C4 plants, cereal crops, and other plants requiring high light intensities
- Adjustable counterbalanced height lamp
- Channel floor system for uniform airflow
Chamber controls and settings screen
Inside view of the chamber