Building Access

Every undergraduate student, graduate student, and staff member must attend the building specific orientation to understand the general safety features and resources available within the faculty. Please fulfill the building specific orientation requirements and UBC/LFS mandatory training requirements prior to applying for access.

If you have any questions, contact the operations team at

Building Specific Orientation

MacMillan Building (and others)

Food Nutrition and Health Building

  • FNH Building/Lab Site Orientation is required. Please contact Peter Hoffman at to schedule for the orientation.

Once all the mandatory training and building orientation are complete and uploaded to LFS Training Record Management System, you can then submit your request for a key/FOB/Alarm code using the links below. All labs and offices will be alarmed outside of regular building hours.

For safety purposes, keep all emergency access doors closed and shut at all times.
Working alone in the buildings after-hours and on weekends is NOT RECOMMENDED (as per WorkSafeBC regulations).

MacMillan Space Request

All members of the Faculty of Land and Food Systems are required to complete a space application form for space requests. Please refer to Policy #LFS201 Space Principles & Policies.

Please submit your request by filling out the survey:

MacMillan Space Request

Food, Nutrition and Health Space Request

We welcome additional comments about the current and projected use of space in the MacMillan Building and invite comments – these will be reviewed by the Dean’s Office.